Thursday, September 22, 2005

Last minute Wal-Mart trip.

I thought I would pick up a few last minute essentials at Wal-Mart last night as I drove from work to my parents house where I'll be riding out the storm until the inevitable happens- getting stranded at work or I'm cleared to rejoin my family. Into my cart I placed two ten dollar movies, a case of cherry cokes, a large bag of pistachios, and a thing of windshield washer fluid, so my idea of last minute essentials is a bit off. I braved the long line, placed the cokes on the belt-driven counter, and realized that they were leaking. I said never mind and went without any last minute "needs". Unfortunately, at that point, my route to my parents house converged with evacuee traffic. In what should have been a 5 minute drive, I noted that it took at least 20 minutes. It's times like these that audio books come in handy as I am not one who can listen to a music station forego music to talk incessantly over the obvious. The drive into work proved interesting. Going the opposite direction as the evacuees, I must have seen at least 10 miles of cars either standing still or very near to it.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger P-Ratt said...

I'm off to Walmart too! I need bread, kleenex, ketchup, and masking tape. I'll also pick some stuff up for a hurricane party. :)

My family hasn't made it out of Houston yet. They are leaving right now though. Hubby's parents are staying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home