Thursday, October 20, 2005

Now consider yourselves introduced to copykat.

Somewhere on the web lies a cozy little site dedicated to allowing would be chefs their hand at copying restaurant recipes.

After the subject of how one makes and spells carrot souffles spurred workplace discussion, I passed on to my coworkers the wonders of copykat. It has knock-off and alleged actual creation recipes of famous restaurants. (For my purposes, all creations are knock-offs because the staff of the restaurants don't do the cooking.)

Among it's wonders are some Landry's entree knock-offs (Landry's has a long host of well known restaurants with a prominent Joe's Crab Shack among them) and some Pappa's chains including Pappadeux's. I simply love Pappadeux's, so I've decided to directly link to their Crawfish Bisque. They also have "bloomin' onion" and "awesome blossom" recipes.

And of note to those seriously culinarily inclined is a Ruth Chris entry.

They even have a blog...

My wife introduced me. You can thank her for the information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home