Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Death, Destruction, and mayhem.

OK, perhaps there was no death, at least not yet. Fully intending to rescue my Orchid from the house and bring it to my parents, I left if on the ledge of the porch. The plant is a mild weather plant whose leaves will burn with too much sunlight. If you can say one thing, it's that Texas weather is not mild. I'm hoping the plant is still alive the next time we return to the house. Some God-given cooler weather would be instrumental in accomplishing this.

Groves does indeed have destruction... Not the least of which is my house. It would seem that hurricane force winds ripped our roof and allowed wind and rain into our attic. It seems the paper-type insulation was then sodden and heavy collapsing much of the ceiling's sheetrock. We then had insulation and rain enter into our house. We had to pull carpet up and expect our lives to be in disarray, but otherwise fine.

mayhem? I think the massive law enforcement in the city as well as the enforced curfew has held the criminal element at bay.

2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger P-Ratt said...

Hey, give us a hollar if you need any help. I only charge for meals. :)

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger mokru said...

So far so good. The two hispanic guys I saw picking through the stuff people have placed outdoors were offset by a friendly neighbor who mowed our lawn just to be friendly. Some people assume that what's placed outside isn't wanted by the people in the house. That simply may not be true as the people are forced to place things outside to tear out sheetrock, carpet, and what other damages they have. My wife suggested a "you loot; we shoot" sign, but I doubt that would help. I'm hoping they don't take our daughter's playplace. A part of me is hoping they steal our beat-up, old lawn-mower.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home