Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Moving In With My Parents

Well, it turns out that most of the Port Arthur to Beaumont area will be refugees for a longer period of time than Houstonians. After pulling 28 hours of overtime, I purchased gas, spent the evening lodging with my parents, and the following morning driving 5 and a half hours to Longview where my wife's entire extended family was located.

My wife was almost ready at once to return, but I insisted on staying atleast one day. After spending a day with her family I was too quite ready to return. We had to drop someone off in Cleveland Texas but even still made pretty good time.

Once re-united with my own family, I was told that my place of employment was making people fill out questionaires that determined how many hours they would be paid for; they were discounting sleep time. I think I might fudge my numbers as I really was working and what ever sleep I got was desperate. We will see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home