Friday, March 31, 2006

A red-light camera

On the way to work today, my car and I were nearly hit by a golf ball. Surprised and distracted I looked toward the golf course that I routinely drive past. In the process I nearly ran the red light and had to slam on my brakes. The intersection was completely clear. Red-light cameras automate the human decision making process when driving. Sometimes that is good and sometimes it isn't. Despite logically knowing that I was not placed in a dangerous situation, I feel that I could have been. Weird situations are bound to arise. Split decisions should be made on the basis of safety and risk and not made on the basis of accruing tickets.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger P-Ratt said...

Yesterday as I was driving, one of my hair clips I keep on the sunvisor popped off and hit me in the face. I FREAKED! Luckily I was on an empty neighborhood road and only swerved a bit. Scary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home