Friday, September 30, 2005

The Sneak Report.

OK, so we didn't have to sneak. As it turns out, the authorities decided to open the area up to residents to inspect their properties, gather a few items, and leave. My wife's parents have made the trip. In fact, when I left for work this morning, my father-in-law was on the roof with tar paper at minimum. This was after he video taped the premises and took pictures.

My father, mother, and I plan on making a run this Monday. My wife may come, but I'm unsure. She doesn't want to face the disaster yet, but given that we already have an appraisal of the damage from her family, she may be prepared to make the trip after all.

It appears that the addition, the newest section of house, had some sort of collapse. I don't believe it's as drastic as that sounds. I think the roofing was removed and some sheetrock came down. The sheetrock was holding the insulation in, so on the add-on side of the house there is this layer of paper insulation crap and water. We'll need new sheetrock and some roofing done at least. My car speakers that had never made it into my Corolla are toast. They were nice speakers too. Hopefully I will get some good replacement value on them. I'll probably post some pictures later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home